Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I've been busy the last couple of weeks...

We've (and I use this term lightly) been doing a remodel on our basement. It all started back on fathers day, when I went downstairs, and noticed a not so fresh scent that wasn't coming from the cats litterbox . One of the cats hasn't been too happy with us, since we had Sarah (our 7 month old baby girl...today for a matter of fact) Since getting rid of the cat wasn't an option (not by my choice), something else needed to be done.

Here's where we (and I us this term lightly again) are at in the project.
- Tore out the old carpeting;
- Had the walls and ceiling finished (drywalled, taped and sanded) by a church member who is a field supervisor for a construction company...no way in hell I wanted to do that nasty job;
- Primed (2 coats) the walls (they did the ceiling);
- Painted (2 coats) the walls and soffits (Benjamin Moore Shaker Beige with Georgian Green accent)
- Painted half of the doors so far, still need to do the rest of them.
- Sealed all cracks in the concrete slab floor;
- Purchased a concrete floor paint, to seal the concrete (that is going to be tomorrow's project);
- Purchased Commercial Grade carpet squares (1000 sqft), with a vapor barrier built-in. We purchased 7 different patterns/colors (all in the beige/ green motif), and plan on installing them in a random pattern. This way if one of the cats decides to pee on the floor, we can just yank up the square/squares, hose them down (if they are not too bad), or replace them with new. This of course is after killing the cat.
- Purchased about 150 linear foot of pre-primed baseboard. This needs to be painted white, to match the doors.
- Purchased 1" x 4" x 8' clearpine to do the door moldings. I just finished routing the edges (about 225 linear foot). This will be primed then painted white.
- After all of that is done, I need to swap out half of the outlets and covers to white, as well as some of the door hardware.

When we bought the house, the basement wasn't finished. It did have some walls finished and painted, and some crappy carpeting put down directly on top of the concrete, but it was mostly just pieced together temporarily just so the house would sell more easily.

I'll see if I can scrounge up some before, during, and after (when I get to that point) shots.

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!

Old 09-05-2008, 10:05 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Oh boy !!!!!!

Pictures.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:25 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 09-06-2008, 03:40 AM
Double-D

FXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFXDRYDR has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Would you really kill the cat?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:27 AM
R.I.P.
<--- Captain Itch!

Red Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowRed Rider has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Only good cat is under a tire...

'Those people who will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants.' - William Penn

I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love.
'06' FLSTNI, $43 per gallon!

Old 09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXDRYDR View Post
Would you really kill the cat?
perhaps not, but the door may be left open by accident...

Clint
Bikeless

Old 09-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDouthitt View Post
perhaps not, but the door may be left open by accident...
it'll come back...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 AM
The Molenator

Don't think so, if it is the truck door at 65 mph...

Clint
Bikeless

Old 09-06-2008, 09:58 AM
GrayRider

Cats seem to have a way of disappearing around my neighborhood. It's a mystery.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:05 AM
8-Ball

Definitely need some before shots, Clint...

Good to hear you are staying out of trouble... I hear that there are bikers everywhere these days... safer to stay at home...
Old 09-06-2008, 07:33 PM
The Molenator

Damn before shots are corrupt...I'm hoping the wife still has them on her machine....

In progress shots...the latest...painted walls and most of the floor...

priming the baseboards and door molding tonight...in the garage...

The other part of the room...

21 boxes of carpet tile to be hauled downstairs and installed in a couple of days...

Clint
Bikeless

Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 AM
8-Ball

Looks good... what are you going to do down there?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
The Molenator

Updated with some before shots:
Basement Renovation

There's an office in the back (which you can't really see), we'll be turning that into a room for the wife's cra(p)fts...scrapbooking, beading, and general storage. The large room will be divided (with furniture) 1/2 of it being a play area for Sarah and all her toys...the other half being for the entertainment center. In the back by the water pressure tank, we'll curtain off, and hide the litter boxes for the cats. Along the long hallway leading back to that area we'll have some recycled shelving units, until I decided to get off my behind and make some custom ones...other than that, the rest of the closets are already designated for storage (extra kitchen pantry/liquor cabinet, general storage, and the utilities (furnace and hotwater tank-which is located in the center of the room).

Clint
Bikeless