Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Wheels & Tires
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 11:39 AM
8-Ball

skinny damned pizza wheel if you ask me...
Old 05-10-2007, 11:45 AM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
The Avon150/80-16 will fit 04 and newer tourers. Some might have to trim the plastic belt guard, most don't. It depends how your pullys are lined up. The 160/80 should fit, but you need a new wheel. The 150/80 is a little bit shorter tire, I don't think that it is more that 1 mph off on the speedo.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 05-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Loving the thread guys. But you guys are talking about unimportant stuff. Tread wear...tire size...cornering. The real question is...do they come in Wide White Walls baby!

Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Loving the thread guys. But you guys are talking about unimportant stuff. Tread wear...tire size...cornering. The real question is...do they come in Wide White Walls baby!
Well, the Indy did ask if I wanted white walls, and of course I had to say NO! Just sayin....

Old 05-11-2007, 01:24 PM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Avon 150 ordered. I'll let ya'll know if I encounter any fit problems...
Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 AM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
I now have a new Elite 3 on the rear of my Road King. This is so much better than the OEM Dunlop. Now we'll see how long it lasts!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

jimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withjimmymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac View Post
Avon 150 ordered. I'll let ya'll know if I encounter any fit problems...
Put the Avon 150 on the bike yesterday. I really like it so far. Only time will tell though. It seems real sticky and the ride is good. It looks good back there too. Fills up the fender better.

FYI... I did relieve the inside of the belt guard prior to installing the tire. As it turned out, this wasn't necessary, but if it was, I didn't want my new tire to handle the job.

I took some pics while doing the replacement showing the procedure I used by removing the shock bolts and not removing the exhaust and/or saddlebag support. Someone last week was asking how to do this so I took the pics. Don't remember who it was right now.

I won't bore y'all with them unless someone needs to see...
Old 06-03-2007, 09:36 AM
8-Ball

jimmy... put the pics up... they will be useful to someone.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:40 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
I would really like to know how long the elite 3's last. I am interested in those tires. I didn't have good luck with my last Metz front tire...

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Tolling of the iron bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynageno View Post
I would really like to know how long the elite 3's last. I am interested in those tires. I didn't have good luck with my last Metz front tire...
Grayrider has like 14K or something on his rear tire.

8...I'll post up the pics when I get a chance. I'll make a new thread and post it in the touring section I guess since this pertains to a bagger tire change.

First I need to figure out how to insert pictures into a post. I haven't figured that one out in spite of reading your instructions on how to do so.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
Put a set of Venoms on my 06 FLHRSI
AVON AM 41 VENOM MT90 HB16
AVON AM42 VENOM 150/80HB 16
They fit with no problem.
The ride is no comparison. The first thing I did was road to a spot with lots of groves and tar snakes to test the tires out and had no wandering at all. It is so much easier to hold a line in a curve. The bike counter steers from side to side with less effort.
I will be curious to test wet weather handling and to see how bad the tires tear up doing high-speed twisties on hot pavement. I will be interested in tire life too. I paid right around $250 for both tires delivered to my front door.
First impression is yeah baby

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 06-06-2007, 06:25 PM
Ride It Like You Stole It

Kingsoftail has failed to amuse us
Put the Avons on my 05 FLSTC around 3k ago. So far, I really like them a lot. Handling is better and as per previous posts, riding on the snake tar and rain grooves is significantly improved. We'll see how the mileage adds up.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:29 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So far so good

Put the e3 on the rear this past weekend, seems to handle and feel like the me880 which I liked but just had bad luck with, I think the 880's were too wide to fit my bike, rubbed the belt guard, 1 had a baseball size bubble in the sidewall and the other got 2 nails in it in the space of a month or two. Time will tell.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Jimi

We'll see

Just ordered the E-3s front and back from Southwest moto. About $210. to the door. Got a local sez he will mount and balance for $20. per wheel. Still have to get tubes caz I gots spokes and they looks good!