Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Doof Lore
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Doof Lore The Beginning, The Wrench, Rites, and Rituals...

Old 03-03-2007, 07:12 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordito View Post
As for that last statement, I think we're all still waiting on a true definition.
Quote from a movie

500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Kinda what I think about being a biker. When I was young wanted to be biker, so I started working on it. Then you kinda forget about the whole BS of it, and realize that what you are.

As for being a biker, they people that are bikers now what they are. Ya maybe it gives them some kinda pleasure sticking it in people faces, but alot pleasure comes from the nonbikers making a big deal out of it.

I don't know you, don't know wether you are a biker or not. But alot of people on this site and otehrs, seem to spend alot of time making fun of the whole bikeer or wannabe debate. I really don't know why, they say the question offends them, but then they talk about it non stop.

If your a biker you know it, if not somewhere deep down you know it too. The guys playing dress up, know there not bikers. Its a free country, people can have fun playing biker, and bikers can have laughing at them.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
As for that last statement, I think we're all still waiting on a true definition.
Its sort like the definition of crazy, I don't have a clear cut desription I could write up for ya, but I know it when I see it.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Quote from a movie

500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Kinda what I think about being a biker. When I was young wanted to be biker, so I started working on it. Then you kinda forget about the whole BS of it, and realize that what you are.

As for being a biker, they people that are bikers now what they are. Ya maybe it gives them some kinda pleasure sticking it in people faces, but alot pleasure comes from the nonbikers making a big deal out of it.

I don't know you, don't know wether you are a biker or not. But alot of people on this site and otehrs, seem to spend alot of time making fun of the whole bikeer or wannabe debate. I really don't know why, they say the question offends them, but then they talk about it non stop.

If your a biker you know it, if not somewhere deep down you know it too. The guys playing dress up, know there not bikers. Its a free country, people can have fun playing biker, and bikers can have laughing at them.
Believe it or not, I actually spent a bit of time trying to figure out how to respond to this without making it about "Bikers vs Posers vs Rub" thing. None of us want to get in to that whole debate again. At least I don't.

Here's the thing: I don't think too many people here are making fun of the Biker or Wanna Be debate. What I DO think is that most of the folks on (at least) this forum just don't take the labeling too serious.

Everyone has their own definition of "Biker". You say you are, cool. There are several guys here who I would consider a biker. My buddy Butch rode from San Diego to Kansas City last summer to meet up with a bunch of other guys who rode in from various parts of the country just to hang out for a weekend. Do any of them walk around and claim to be "Bikers"? Not that I'm aware of. But you know what? I think that's as close to the definition as one can come.

I've got a good friend who is a patched member of the HA. The first time I met him, I thought "Grizzly Adams", not biker. If you saw him on the bike and with his group, you'd think biker. If you met him on Monday morning in his office, you'd be meeting a real estate agent.

Just because a guy has a real job that pays pretty well doesn't exclude him and make him a "Poser". Neither does putting on a Harley t-shirt or any other t-shirt mean it's "dress up" time. Last time I checked, It's a helluva lot easier to ride in a shirt w/o a collar at freeway speeds than to try and keep your collar tucked so it doesn't beat your face to death.

Again, I really don't want to beat the issue to death. Just want you to understand why we don't take it so seriously. It's a name someone else has given to people who ride motorcycles.

I, for one have decided that if I have to be labeled, I'd like to be called a Lesbian.

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet

Last edited by Stone Cold; 03-04-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Keeper has failed to amuse us
where's that damn dOOf shrink..........
Old 03-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Double-D

Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle View Post
where's that damn dOOf shrink..........
It was the "Lesbian" thing wasn't it??

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 03-04-2007, 04:21 PM
GrayRider

Butch, lesbian in the same post...who's Butch?
Old 03-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Keeper has failed to amuse us
I'm tellin' ya.....

they are all startin' to come out of the closet at the same time..........

Last edited by Keeper; 03-04-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
I hope the book comes tomorrow before i go to work...so i have somethin' to do...

jus' sayin'

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 03-04-2007, 04:35 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkvator View Post
I hope the book comes tomorrow before i go to work...so i have somethin' to do...

jus' sayin'
Call me,..I'll read it to you over the phone.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:40 PM
I Like Dirt...!

Last Cigar Smoked: BubbleGum
Xkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suckXkvator can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
Call me,..I'll read it to you over the phone.
I'm goin' to need one of them Blueteeth...

Some Mornings I Wake Up Grouchy.....others, I Let Her Sleep

Old 03-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Butch, lesbian in the same post...who's Butch?

Butch Cassidy. It's a shooting thing

If I have to explain.........

I've always wanted to write that somewhere....

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
GrayRider

Quote:
Butch Cassidy. It's a shooting thing

If I have to explain.........

I've always wanted to write that somewhere....
I knew who you were talkin' about....I've always thought he was butch enough.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Double-D

Quote:
I knew who you were talkin' about....I've always thought he was butch enough.

I knew you knew.

You know everything...

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 03-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Excommunicated

I never said I was a biker. The label doesn't bother me though.
I do think its brought up to much, on this forum and others. I don't think just by creating a new website we have escaped the rub vs biker vs poser debates. I guess it will be with us for many years.

Last edited by Berserker; 03-04-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Excommunicated

Quote:
. It's a name someone else has given to people who ride motorcycles.
:
I like this definition.

Tags
under and alone, william queen