Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
The 440's are a great shock upgrade, they made a world of difference for me. I use a large T bag as well. For me 7 days of clothes is more than enough for any trip...just have some quarters for the laundrymat. Im dreading slapping the windshield on for the ES trip, I just hate the way it looks. Mayby Ill pick up a Heritage by then, well see. Your ride looks real good btw.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
My Ultra Low Rider is pictured in the Post Pictures Of Your Touring Bike thread.

I put about 30,000 miles on it before I t-boned a girl at McDonalds in 2005. A 600 mile day wasn't bad.

Post # 43.

http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=43

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan

Last edited by Dinero; 10-25-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Adding picture.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have the windshield, but haven't gone any farther than Scout camping with my son:

Old 10-25-2007, 01:01 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
I had an 05 Low Rider with 47,000 miles when I traded it for a FLHR in April. I made some 600-700 mile days on it, and I was tired when I stopped. It had a National Cycle clear fairing on it, Iso pegs and grips, saddleman tour seat with midsize sissy bar, luggage rack, 412 rear shocks, leather standup touring luggage, and a round bag. After riding the RK, I found the seat, the floorboards, the handlebars allow for longer riding. The biggest components to looooong rides is the electric cruise control and the floorboards. They really allow me to relax on long rides. Harley is missing the boat not wiring all their bikes for electronic cruise control. The foot pegs don't allow foot movement, and you are always maintaining pressure to keep your feet on them. I see it this way, I can get 160 miles on a tank before looking for a gas station. That's around 2.5 hours of riding. I need to stop, hydrate, move around, flex the muscles, and pee, before continuing on. If you stop at 2.0 hours, do some flexing of the muscles, hydrate, and pee, you can go a lot more miles in a day. Unless I'm on a schedule, I take the day as it is, and it doesn't matter if I quit for the day at 3:00, 5:00, or 6:00 PM. I'm still ready for some sleep!

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 10-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Closet Doof

george248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withgeorge248 is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I bought my Superglide for two reasons: lowest priced of the big twins and best handling,IMHO...

I have added a few things to make it more comfortable and practical for longer trips:

Mustang vintage seat

Bossbags

Softail standard bars

Memphis Shades detachable windshield (17" Slims)

detachable sissy bar with wide backrest and rack

highway pegs

pegrizers for the wife

Bike is now pretty damn comfortable for trips and the bags, windshield and sissy bar can all come off for running around town. Truth is, I rarely taken them off anymore.

Best thing is I still have a great handling bike when I get to the twisties.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Put on a good windshield, some leather saddlebags from Boss Bags or American Eagle Leather Works a Rack and a sissy bar to strap stuff on and hit the road.
A Dyna can make a great touring bike.
You will also need a good seat with a backrest to add to comfort. If you have to reach for the handle bars, you might get some pull back bars to also add to the comfort level.

At 30 years of age, 300 miles should be a piece of cake for you even with out a windshield.

How's that for a kick in the a$$.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
For my 2005 Super G, I purchased a set of Leatherworks bags, medium height sissy bar, kept the mid controls and purchased a set of highway pegs. Added passing lamps for a little more visibility for me and the cagers. I've got a Mustang Squareback saddle on order.

I wanted a removable windshield, but at the time didn't want to spend the cash on one. I cheaped out and purchased the Harley Sport Windshield ($100) which is a permanent mount. What I found out, like others have already stated, I've never really wanted to take it off, so I've just kept it. Works great.

I'd also like to add a softail handle bar, maybe later...

Have not really wanted to improve the suspension. Seems fine to me but maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. After all, it's a Dyna....

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 10-25-2007, 04:52 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjailerman View Post
The 440's are a great shock upgrade, they made a world of difference for me. I use a large T bag as well. For me 7 days of clothes is more than enough for any trip...just have some quarters for the laundrymat. Im dreading slapping the windshield on for the ES trip, I just hate the way it looks. Mayby Ill pick up a Heritage by then, well see. Your ride looks real good btw.
TY TY TY !!

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Head Doof Server Geek

Psychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suckPsychoholic can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post

How's that for a kick in the a$$.
He's right though.

I have an aftermarket seat (forgot which one), forward pegs and bars off a heritage classic. I think the bars are too far forward still and I feel that I'm having to pull myself forward the entire trip. Sometimes I'll take my bag and turn it around so it's in front of the sissy bar - then I can ride for a really long time no prob, but I can't get a good grip on the bars.

The more I mention/think about it, I need to get new bars.

Harley is SOLD.

Street Bike.

'14 Road King
Old 10-30-2007, 11:53 AM
1969K10

Touring Dyna

So, previous owner put on the pull-back bars. I don't like these for long trips, which most of mine end up being. They are OK for day rides, but half way to SD they got really old...
Anyway, 418 Progressives (don't know about fronts) which are adjustable in rebound and pre-load. Windshield and the luggage. I run the saddle bags all the time, and the rest gets packed on. I'm loaded a little tall in this picture, but it was going to be cold for the extended weekend we took, and we got into a 90+ degree day in the middle of it, so I'm not usually loaded this tall. But, I can ride for 5 full days like this, maybe longer, but haven't had the opportunity to find out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Truck 3-19-06 057.jpg (162.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Truck 3-19-06 056.jpg (150.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Check out this Dyna Wide Glide, Mark made it to the Arctic circle and back...

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Put on a good windshield, some leather saddlebags from Boss Bags or American Eagle Leather Works a Rack and a sissy bar to strap stuff on and hit the road.
A Dyna can make a great touring bike.
You will also need a good seat with a backrest to add to comfort. If you have to reach for the handle bars, you might get some pull back bars to also add to the comfort level.

At 30 years of age, 300 miles should be a piece of cake for you even with out a windshield.
How about 400+ at 37?

As has been previously said, a good seat and the right bars make the difference. I also have a set of the Kury ISO pegs with stirrups. It does give me options phor positioning my pheet differently throughout the ride.

Stop, move around when you get gas. I phind that my tobacco addiction gives me a chance to stand around and let the blood unpool phrom my ass.

Windshields???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loaded bob US285.jpg (72.4 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg San_Angelo1.jpg (136.5 KB, 45 views)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
I was wondering when you would chime in here phreak. I had you in mind when I said that. You do some long days on that Dyna.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Swiss Guard

phreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suckphreak can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
I was wondering when you would chime in here phreak. I had you in mind when I said that. You do some long days on that Dyna.
Long days phor me are all about stopping when it's time to stop.

Coincidentally, one week phrom today I will be loading up like in the pictures, and riding over to San Antonio. Should be almost 500 miles one way.

I did get a little something phor this trip though. I went and bought a set of Carhartt bibs instead of chaps. I plan on being warm. Plus their just about water proof.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:34 AM
1969K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak View Post
I did get a little something phor this trip though. I went and bought a set of Carhartt bibs instead of chaps. I plan on being warm. Plus their just about water proof.
I ran w/ bibs for a long time B4 getting my chaps. the chaps are better and take up less space. I still wear my bibs, in the middle of winter under my chaps...