Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Touring Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Known Associate

shortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sock
How many have an XM Radio module in your Ultra?

One of the planned ad-on's is an XM Radio module. How many of you have it on your Ultra Classic?

Last edited by shortride; 02-07-2010 at 02:20 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I run the XM through my Zumo 550.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Known Associate

shortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sockshortride doesn't need a tube sock
I though the Zumo 550 was a GPS receiver. How does that work?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Hand Wringer

FinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFinalBags has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The Zumo 550 has XM capability. I just pump it through the aux port on my radio.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Known Associate

Can you use the Zumo 550 antenna?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Hey shortride, check out this thread for some good discussion (and pictures) on the Zumo 550 with the XM module add-on. There are several of us here on the forum using that setup and we are all very pleased

Old 02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Hand Wringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortride View Post
Can you use the Zumo 550 antenna?
I took the fairing off and mounted the Zumo XM antenna on top of the radio. (Magnet Mount)

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:42 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have an outboard xm unit (roady), I have it mounted over the brake reservior, I use this unit in the house too so I don't pay for another subscription.
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 02-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
I took the fairing off and mounted the Zumo XM antenna on top of the radio. (Magnet Mount)
Same here.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 02-07-2010, 03:08 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm going to go XM when I uograde to the 665 later this year. For now I just have a 16 Gb SDcard in my Zumo 550 loaded with more songs than I could listen to on a single ride

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 02-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
I might spring for the 665 myself in a year or so. Having the XM with the larger GPS display than my 450 would be a nice combo.

"Every time I start thinking the world is all bad, then I start seeing some people out there having fun on motorcycles. It makes me take another look." -Steve McQueen
Old 02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
Coincidently, I too have been pondering this question recently.

The Zumo 665 includes the XM antenna, while the 550 does not. The 665 also allows you to bluetooth XM to a headset/helmet. The 665 screen is about an inch larger than the 550 (I think). The downside is the 665 is $1000 while the 550 can be had for $620 (or sometimes better) AND then you have to shell out $200 more for the XM antenna.

The XM module lists at $499 + a wiring kit. (But you can get them cheaper) So, while the module is slightly cheaper, for a little more $$ you get a GPS and you can bluetooth XM to wherever.

Then you can always just mount a receiver on your handlebars, which also works fine.

I just hate to spend almost $1000 like that. I have no idea what I'll do!! Maybe I'll keep my Nano and my money. (For now anyway)

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Hand Wringer

Zumo 550. XM antenna for 90 bucks (E-Bay). Problem solved.

*Sensitive at all times.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalBags View Post
Zumo 550. XM antenna for 90 bucks (E-Bay). Problem solved.
That was easy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg easy button.jpg (2.0 KB, 107 views)

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:10 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by APDBagger View Post
The downside is the 665 is $1000 while the 550 can be had for $620 (or sometimes better) AND then you have to shell out $200 more for the XM antenna.

They'll come down in price. Give it time. The MSRP of the 665 is $100 more than the MSRP of the 550

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[