Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > BMW
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

BMW Bikes that are engineered to be ridden... just sayin'...

Old 07-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Got Passed By A Beemer Today

Before the mocking begins, I was only 2 miles away from my house, behind a car going a little under the speed traveled on my road. I didn't want to pass the car, cause I didn't want him on my ass while I was trying to turn into my driveway.

Anyway,

I was putting behind this car, minding my own, thinking, boy I never see BMW's around here, do I really want to go and give one a try? When suddenly I look into my mirror and see a R1200RT, the kind of bike I want to test ride, right behind me. Well, we were approaching a curve wich exited onto a staightaway. I decided to scootch over so the Beemer would have enough room to pass both me and the car easily.

Well, we came out of the curve, and that BMW was GONE. I mean by me and the car in a heatbeat. It was quick. And, I don't even think he had it running. I mean, I heard nothing. Guy looked like he could have been sipping iced tea, reading the Sunday Times, and yawing when he passed.

Man, I gotta get on one of them and give 'em a try.

Oh, it looked like it had never been rained on. Today was exceptionally nice and sunny.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:11 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
could have been mike on the BMW fly and ride program

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrell View Post
Before the mocking begins, I was only 2 miles away from my house, behind a car going a little under the speed traveled on my road. I didn't want to pass the car, cause I didn't want him on my ass while I was trying to turn into my driveway.

Anyway,

I was putting behind this car, minding my own, thinking, boy I never see BMW's around here, do I really want to go and give one a try? When suddenly I look into my mirror and see a R1200RT, the kind of bike I want to test ride, right behind me. Well, we were approaching a curve wich exited onto a staightaway. I decided to scootch over so the Beemer would have enough room to pass both me and the car easily.

Well, we came out of the curve, and that BMW was GONE. I mean by me and the car in a heatbeat. It was quick. And, I don't even think he had it running. I mean, I heard nothing. Guy looked like he could have been sipping iced tea, reading the Sunday Times, and yawing when he passed.

Oh, it looked like it had never been rained on. Today was exceptionally nice and sunny.

So when you get one. What will you ride. The Harley or the BMW. You never ride the evenly like people say they do.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:19 PM
Livin Life

darrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suckdarrell can happily embrace the suck
Well, the Harley is for sale. Check the classifieds.

I don't think the new owner would like me taking it for a ride whenever I wanted

But, I'll still have the Buell, which I ride just about as often as the EG right now.

Oh, and I'll still own a Harley. I have that 69/72 still sittin on a stand, waiting to be revived.

And, the BMW. I'm just taking it for a test ride, I haven't made my mind up which I want to get.

Either way, I'll be mocked. Ugly ass BMW, or Ugly ass Road Glide. Just got to figure on which.

Old 07-21-2007, 01:23 PM
Resident Tough Guy
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: New World by AJ Fernandez
Rock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygieneRock seems to have excellent oral hygiene
I sure do like them K 1200GT's though. Just lookin'.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Amsoil Site Sponsor
Double-D

Geezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowGeezer-Glide has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
<sigh>

Meng

TKWSV

Old 07-25-2007, 09:30 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
...But, I'll still have the Buell...
Either way, I'll be mocked. Ugly ass BMW, or Ugly ass Road Glide. Just got to figure on which.
If you already have the Buell for "sportin around", does the addition of the Beemer really make sense?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 07-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Livin Life

Nothing I do, EVER makes sense.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:00 PM
8-Ball

not sure buying a Harley makes sense... any bike for that matter.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Livin Life

That's why I tend to make payments on them for 3 years, then trade them in for something different. So technically, I never really buy one, just make payments on 'em.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
We had the BMW national rally here a couple weeks ago. Guy I work with, who is on the fire department, said 4-5 died. I was pretty shocked. They seem so safe, never saw a one without full face and armor or leather jacket. Alot had safety vests on.

But what he said, is they are very aggessive riders, he saw them passing on no passing zones. Driving fast. Also no eye contacts or hand gestures.

lso he said they would be alonmg side his truck, and you wouldn't even know they are there. I have had that on a bike too. I am not 100% into the loud pipes saves lives thing, but a little volume is good.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:31 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Well, the Harley is for sale. Check the classifieds.

I don't think the new owner would like me taking it for a ride whenever I wanted

But, I'll still have the Buell, which I ride just about as often as the EG right now.

Oh, and I'll still own a Harley. I have that 69/72 still sittin on a stand, waiting to be revived.

And, the BMW. I'm just taking it for a test ride, I haven't made my mind up which I want to get.

I wish I could be mocked for one of those motorccycles while having more at home. Some people would b**ch about anything.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:45 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:

Anyway,

Dang! Were you on Highway 4 North today? I was passed by one too. You're right, you know, they are so quiet it's eerie. . .I don't want one though. . .they really are weird looking.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 08-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Magyarorszag

475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with475wildey is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Got Passed By A ****** Today

I passed some gas today is that the same thing