Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 12-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
I have access to all different shapes and sizes of aluminum angle and u-channels. If you need something like that for the project let me know.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
That is impressive!

Skills like that will get you on the Arc for sure my friend!

Uh oh. I've said too much. Nevermind!

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
If the drawer is on casters, it can be moved around the room for filling/emptying, etc. Not a bad idea.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
That is impressive!

Skills like that will get you on the Arc for sure my friend!

Uh oh. I've said too much. Nevermind!

thank god, they sure as hell weren't letting the cartoonists on, I can tell you that.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:05 AM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by pa-glazier View Post
I have access to all different shapes and sizes of aluminum angle and u-channels. If you need something like that for the project let me know.
Hey thanks mark.
I just might take you up on that.
I'm waiting for the wheels to arrive to see what kind of clearance I got.

I'll hit you up soon as I get them.

Appreciate the offer.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Double-D

ColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sock
You are a man of many talents, Josh!!

I think that after "buying the farm",my grandfather's farm house, and remodeling for 20 years that it would have been much easier to build new. Probably cheaper too. At least I wouldn't have to tear down before building.

I built my Kitchen and bathroom cabinets from scratch. Cut the ash logs, milled and planed them. It was a big time consuming job. Came out rather nice though.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM
DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRider View Post
You are a man of many talents, Josh!!

I think that after "buying the farm",my grandfather's farm house, and remodeling for 20 years that it would have been much easier to build new. Probably cheaper too. At least I wouldn't have to tear down before building.

I built my Kitchen and bathroom cabinets from scratch. Cut the ash logs, milled and planed them. It was a big time consuming job. Came out rather nice though.
That's awesome mark. That's a lot of hard work and definitely a long process. That's pretty much how we did our cabinets as well.

We started cutting down trees about 2 years before we broke ground on the house so we could sticker the rough sawn and let it dry for a year. Then we took it to a near by lumber yard that kiln dried it the rest of the way. Think i'm still sneezing out saw dust from all the planing. We had mountains of sawdust when we were done. Ended up burring a lot of it in the yard.

Yeah, going new or remodeling, there's pluses and minuses to both. Big bonus to the old farm houses is so many had the 8" oak trim. It's usually been lacquered or painted by now, but you strip that stuff down and it's beautiful. Same with the floors. Trying to put trim like that in a new house is next to impossible these days unless your wallet is massive. Even making the trim ourselves we couldn't go bigger than 3.5" because of time and money restraints. We would have had to cut down 3x as many trees to have enough lumber for that 8" trim.

Although the downside to remodel is lath... yick. Hate dealing with that and rerunning electrical always calls taking sections of it out.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 AM
DD

Although getting to rip stuff out is always enjoyable...

Had to take a cast iron tub out once and it was to big to go through the doors so we had to break it up. Took quite a few hits with a sledge hammer, but when that thing went, it exploded. pieces went everywhere and it made one hell of a sound.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolkum View Post
Although getting to rip stuff out is always enjoyable...

Had to take a cast iron tub out once and it was to big to go through the doors so we had to break it up. Took quite a few hits with a sledge hammer, but when that thing went, it exploded. pieces went everywhere and it made one hell of a sound.
Owie. We just painted/recarpeted the guest bathroom. Cast Iron tub had to come out of the bathroom. And, oddly enough, go back in. Mega did NOT enjoy this process. At all.

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 12-04-2012, 02:33 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I am still in awe.

Carry on....

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Double-D

ColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sockColdRider doesn't need a tube sock
Yep, Lathes, horsehair plaster and rockwool insulation if any at all. One helluva mess and itch.

One room at a time,6 bedrooms and 2 stories. Gut, rewire and rebuild. I am just glad about everything is pretty square and straight.

I am never going to finish. I told the wife 5 years when we moved in and I'll have it all done.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 PM
DD

Started putting the drawer together today. 8' long, 2' wide, 2' high.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354942259.687829.jpg

And if I ever become a vampire i have the perfect place to sleep.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Birth Control PosterChild

Jackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milkJackwagon stays crunchy even in milk
Now I know where to hide the bodies. Thanks man!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:18 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Half Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glassesHalf Pint looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
8' long?? Hope it's not pulling out into a hallway.

That will be a great hiding place for the kids!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I remember using those clamps. I still have a couple, but it's time to upgrade Josh.

I like these K-Body clamps much better. They're not cheap, but don't have to worry about the oils and rust on the black iron pipe and the clamping force is incredible.

Here's 1 of 4, 8' tall built in book cases I'm working on for a long time friend.

The second pic is a lower cabinet door using tongue and grove wainscotting that I incased in a frame with tongue/groves, and the last pic is 3 different stain colors for them to choose the best match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0349.jpg (123.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0350.jpg (104.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0351.jpg (119.4 KB, 35 views)

Kimber