Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Sound Bytes and Video
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Sound Bytes and Video Got a great sound clip or video? Post it here.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Doofhead

Totenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographic
Been working on this tune.....

for about 2 months now in the home studio. Just got the lead guitar recorded about a week ago, done by a good friend of mine. It is an original by me using a Strat for the fingerstyle part, plus I messed around with the steel guitar a bit, did the bass line, plus the subtle synthesizer part and put the drums in. My buddy Ron did a great job on the lead guitar.

I'm now thinking it needs a haunting female vocal backing track.

The tune is called - Wait for me.... and it's dedicated to my oldest son who passed away 5 yrs ago.

If you like it or not, let me know either way and why. I'm interested in getting feedback.

Click here and then start the mp3 player that pops up...

Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Above Average DDude

Last Cigar Smoked: A. Fuente, Curly Head
YankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sockYankeeBob doesn't need a tube sock
Bender on the Fender. Good stuff!
Didn't get the transition at 2:28, but then again, I'm not in your head. The addition of a vocal track would definitely put this together for you.

Sh!t doesn't stink unless ya' poke it!

Deut 23:12-13 (How to sh!t in the woods)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Queasy Rider

gasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowgasbag has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Wow. Holy crap. That was great!!!!!!!!!!! That is one nice friggin song.
I used to think I am doing good with my guitar and music but you just blew that thought out of the water.

This is just my opinion but I don't think it needs a vocal track. The lead guitar carries it very well. I think it might get a bit crowded.

Once again...............great work. Keep it up.

By the time you read this you’ve already read it.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Not So Brave Knight

NSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withNSBK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
very nice, some great guitar work.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:39 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Outstanding.
Seems to convey the feeling very well.
Man, you got some talent.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Doofhead

Totenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographicTotenkopf is not in AOL's target demographic
First, keep the reviews coming!

Bob, I went back and listened through 2:28 a couple of times. That same transistion is used several times in the tune. So, I'm not quite sure what it is about it that you're not grooving with. Maybe you can describe it for me. I'd like to understand your take on it.

Glad those of you that have heard it so far, seem to like it. The Strat fingerstyle part took a long time to work out. It uses alot of exotic chords..... add9's, sus4's, 6/9's, min13's and so on but I got it to flow. The steel guitar is new to me and I'm still figuring it out but it does have a beautiful haunting sound to it and I especially love the intro part at 0:13.

As far as a female backing track, I'm thinking along the lines of a Lisa Gerrard style that is no words but more subtle. You probably have heard her before but didn't know her name. She did the vocal in the Gladiator movie soundtrack for example. Here's a youtube of her below that will give you an idea of what I'm thinking of and it would have to mesh with and intertwine with the lead guitar and probably would only be in certain parts of the song for added texture in some key spots. See what you think.

Old 03-30-2010, 05:07 PM
gAZINTAs

Diehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withDiehard is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Wow!! Great piece.
Something I could easily see myself buying and listening to.

Your buddy does a great job on the leads also.