Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Headers & Exhaust
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:00 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
opcorn:
It's only a matter of time.

Kimber

Old 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Forget pics i'm going to need videos

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
I have a stick welder at my house and a flux tig at work.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Looks tight. I'm going to call them tomorrow. I'm thinking that the steel wool wrap might be all you can get on there.

I'm going to ask for their opinion.

What's the measurement from the perforated section to the outer ring on the baffle?
I didn't get that dimension Warren, but I think it'll be fine. The original packing consisted of a steel wool (or something similar) mat and a fiberglass mat taped over it. The new stuff should work out fine, as there's tape that comes with it. If I think about it before I leave for work tomorrow, I'll throw a tape on the thing and measure it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDsCycleWorks View Post
Russ,cut the perforated outer shield off and weld the inside of the baffle together. You will then have plenty of room for the packing!
I don't think that'll be necessary, but I'll keep that option in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Ohh.....I can weld.
Good to know, just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
I fear the SHED OF DOOM is about to rear it's ugly head.
Hater. The hard part's done.

There aren't many people who can claim to have successfully used a fire (not a torch, an actual fire) to fix their bike.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
There aren't many people who can claim to have successfully used a fire (not a torch, an actual fire) to fix their bike.
But we all know one who's tried to use tin snips!

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Warren,

I just went out and measured the baffle....The perforated area measures 13-3/8". It's inset nearly 1/2" from the outside of the ring. Should be no problem getting the new blanket on there.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
But we all know one who's tried to use tin snips!
I'll get to use them again when it comes time to trim the packing.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
A set of these with .025 stainless saftey wire will save room vs those bulky stainless ty-raps - and always handy as a emergency garotte....

Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03087.JPG (119.5 KB, 66 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 10:16 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
I'll get to use them again when it comes time to trim the packing.

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
He said "Tin snips"

Kimber

Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Russ - In all seriousness, I am watching this with great interest...

Now, as for the SOD...remember, clear your mind. It knows what scares you. It has from the very beginning. Don't give it any help, it knows too much already...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg poltergeist.jpg (40.8 KB, 50 views)

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM

Last edited by RKotter; 03-03-2011 at 08:36 AM. Reason: red x
Old 03-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Now, as for the SOD...remember, clear your mind. It knows what scares you. It has from the very beginning. Don't give it any help, it knows too much already...
Here's the funny part....

Katie was inside doing her homework while I was getting the baffle out of the muffler. Once I got the wedges set, the baffle came out relatively easily. Then, of course, I started fighting to get the wedges out of the baffle. I grabbed my cordless drill, and started removing as much wood as I could to release some of the pressure so I could get the things out. No joy. The wedge wouldn't move, the longer piece was sliding on it.

So I kept drilling, cursing, and banging on it. She came out and watched me for about 5 minutes as I tried to bang the wedge out using a long socket extension and just about everything else in the shed. Finally she said, "it's the exhaust, right? Just burn it out."

Out of the mouths of babes....

I'll have to clean it up a bit and spray it with some VHT, but I think I should have gone the fire-route right off the bat.

Muffler's dropped off at the coaters. Now I've just gotta wait.

Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Here's the funny part....

Katie was inside doing her homework while I was getting the baffle out of the muffler. Once I got the wedges set, the baffle came out relatively easily. Then, of course, I started fighting to get the wedges out of the baffle. I grabbed my cordless drill, and started removing as much wood as I could to release some of the pressure so I could get the things out. No joy. The wedge wouldn't move, the longer piece was sliding on it.

So I kept drilling, cursing, and banging on it. She came out and watched me for about 5 minutes as I tried to bang the wedge out using a long socket extension and just about everything else in the shed. Finally she said, "it's the exhaust, right? Just burn it out."

Out of the mouths of babes....

I'll have to clean it up a bit and spray it with some VHT, but I think I should have gone the fire-route right off the bat.

Muffler's dropped off at the coaters. Now I've just gotta wait.
hey I said put it in the oven 2 days ago.....that katie is smart
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 03-03-2011, 08:39 AM
Natural born delinquent

RKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withRKotter is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Prolly would have helped to exorcise the demons if you'd have painted your face and danced around the fire pit.

~ Royal Order of Knights d'Catnip ~

E PLURIBUS DOOFUM
Old 03-03-2011, 09:47 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowdzlfitr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKotter View Post
Prolly would have helped to exorcise the demons if you'd have painted your face and danced around the fire pit.
Maybe some feathers and a bone through your nose.