Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Clean & Sober
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe-man! View Post
I will assume you meant "isn't a good start", but I can assure you I DO have a problem with this, and I will never "downplay" it.... i've been doing that for too long!!

Jeff
Sorry, I meant (is) a good start. It's late

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 AM
Ms.B's cabana boy

Axe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withAxe-man! is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Crap, I couldn't edit it in time....

PLEASE don't get the wrong idea... apparently I'm not so "humorous" when I'm sober...

Jeff

...swords and tequila carry me through the fight!

"Patriot Guard Rider" and damn proud to Honor those who are serving, or have served the greatest country in the world!!...
Old 09-21-2007, 01:00 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Crap, I couldn't edit it in time....

PLEASE don't get the wrong idea... apparently I'm not so "humorous" when I'm sober...

Jeff
Don't sweat it, you'll find plenty to laugh about in due time. If this was easy nobody would have addictions. You can do this, like Geno said you've made a big step by facing your demons head on. Now that you see them you can conquer them.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 09-21-2007, 01:05 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Thanks guys, my biggest "problem" so far has been that quite honestly, I'm not around people who are trying to give any sort of addiction up. I don't want to "alienate" my friends, but at the same time I have made it perfectly clear I don't expect them to understand. I WILL take myself out of circulation for as long as it takes, to get this under control.

Jeff
Find some new friends if you have to, if the current ones aren't supporting you then they aren't true friends. True friends will abstain if that's what it takes to keep from stumbling you. They'll also hold you accountable now that you've spoken out your desire/plan.

Joe

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 09-21-2007, 06:31 AM
captainlee

Jeff, anything you need let me know. Great decision on your part !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:36 AM
BigAlsRK

We're here for ya Bro....always
Old 09-21-2007, 06:44 AM
Baalz

Sometimes you have to give up your "friends".. its just the way it is.

I have done plenty of drugs and booze in my life. But I always had something inside me that looked out for me. Maybe I can think it as my dead mother looking over me. Sounds good doesnt it? I just think it was my conscious.
I smoked 3 packs a day and quit using the patch back when it was prescribed.

I do know addiction.
My own brother lost everything to cocaine. Among several friends losing it all to Heroin and Coke. Many of them are dead because of this.
One thing I know for sure is you can't help someone until they want to help themselves.

You my friend are on that track.. congrats!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 AM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Gotz View Post
.. others in "The Rooms" are more than willing to put out a hand and help. Just look at my thread in this forum. Its unbelievable what life is like sober. We all got your back Bro. Tim
Excellent post .. Jeff, we all DO have your back. I think you can do it, my brother.

BTW, I believe your friends will respect your decisions and your choices - that's what friends do. If they don't .. well ...

Old 09-21-2007, 08:29 AM
chickenman

You have already done the right thing. I don't know what I can do to help but I am here if you need anything.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Jeff, know that we are all behind you in this. Those of us that can't be there in person to support you are there in spirit and prayer.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me

Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
This may be inappropriate, but you might want to re-write your sig line too....

Old 09-21-2007, 10:23 AM
8-Ball

Jeff, it is good to hear your commitment to quit the addictions that are harming your health, your wealth, and your happiness.

When it came time for me to quit certain things in my life, the first step was to stop associating with those who didn't think the same way. I still consider this to be one of the most important realizations of my life.

I'm prayin' for you.

Mike
Old 09-21-2007, 10:34 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Prayers for ya Jeff, we'll all be right here for you.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:26 AM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Thanks guys, my biggest "problem" so far has been that quite honestly, I'm not around people who are trying to give any sort of addiction up. I don't want to "alienate" my friends, but at the same time I have made it perfectly clear I don't expect them to understand. I WILL take myself out of circulation for as long as it takes, to get this under control.

Jeff
WOW! Good for you Jeff! I have so much respect for you - first of all for realizing and admitting that you think you have a problem, and second, for being ready to do something about it! That is REALLY a big deal, and it makes me proud.

You know that all of us here will do whatever we can to help you out, in whatever way we have to offer, and that you have our support.

I'm sure it won't be easy, and you'll probably have slip-ups along the way to your goal, but you've taken a HUGE step already.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 09-23-2007, 09:31 AM
Old married man

vindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographicvindex1963 is not in AOL's target demographic
Quote:
I'm not around people who are trying to give any sort of addiction up. I don't want to "alienate" my friends,
You won't have to alienate your friends they will alienate you. Part of getting sober is doing a complete 180 degree turn around in your life. Your friends will see you as a person showing them that they have a problem...people don't like that and it's through no fault of your own....it's just the way it is.

Go to AA. Very few can do it by themselves. We all need help. You have made a huge step in the right direction...follow it up.

If you need someone to talk to P.M. me and I'll send you my cell number.

2004 Victory Vegas
2009 FLHTCU