Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 06-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Sorry to hear Wayne, but I'm stumped.. I was under the understanding that excessive runout had to be above .005, not .001. At this point I guess it doesn't matter if they're going to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
If my engine blows, I'm gonna replace it with one like Backroad Mike has...
Careful dan, it's addictive.

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 06-23-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Sorry to hear Wayne, but I'm stumped.. I was under the understanding that excessive runout had to be above .005, not .001. At this point I guess it doesn't matter if they're going to replace it.

Careful dan, it's adictive.
I'm thinking in this case they are referring to the runout on the drive side, not pinion.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 PM
along came Blondie......

BigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sockBigSwede doesn't need a tube sock
I guess ida heard it had I actually been able to ride vice trailer that day.......

Glad they are takin care of you!

2009 Vivid Black Street Glide Ultra

RIP Diver, Bashful, Smitty, Clank, Johnny B, Fire46, Red Rider and Mongoose, GBNF

"It is foolish to mourn the men that died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" -General George S. Patton, Jr.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
I would be PISSED OFF!! You paid for an engine, and got a turd, and now they want to give you an replacement engine, but you pay $1K for labor and parts. Fcuk that..........They could just as easily given you the whole thing without skinnin' their nose and pullin money from you...because they know they are screwing you on what you originally paid for. One letter from your attorney, and you will get all of it gratis, plus a loner bike. (don't ask me how I know this).

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 06-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Thorns has a point . They shit in your taco, and your happy cause they added salt.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:28 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: comancho
Sonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSonic has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
1k.... lots of different things you can buy with that.... if you belong to some groups they have a legal office. You might check with them.

Chris
RIP MONGOOSE

2002 RK Police
95 Big Bore Kit, Weisco Flat Top Pistons, 9.13:1
Engine built by Wilsons of E-town,KY
Vance and Hines Ovals
SE Air Cleaner, K&N Filter
2006 HD Stock Heads
Andrews 26G Cams
Dyno'd by ENGINES BY OTTO

851st ARMY SECURITY AGENCY - Europe - 74-77
Old 06-24-2009, 06:48 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Maybe the decimal could go right by 1 place?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 AM
Woody218

When did they change their runout specs? I know a ton of guys that WISH they only had .001 runout! I do believe the money-grubbing MOCO changed the specs to where .005-.006 was acceptable.

Maybe yours was .010 as the esteemed Mr. Mega pointed out?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:58 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorns View Post
I would be PISSED OFF!! You paid for an engine, and got a turd, and now they want to give you an replacement engine, but you pay $1K for labor and parts. Fcuk that..........They could just as easily given you the whole thing without skinnin' their nose and pullin money from you...because they know they are screwing you on what you originally paid for. One letter from your attorney, and you will get all of it gratis, plus a loner bike. (don't ask me how I know this).
I agree. You're under warranty, and they're covering it (which is admitting fault). There's no way you should be on the hook for a dime to correct their screw up.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 06-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
But he is not under warranty. Though he did bring it in for a noise, when it was. I would try bitching see what happens. Sucks he is out $1k on such a young motor. Though $1k is better then alternative. But you are just getting another Harley motor, just like the one that failed.

Is there any warranty on the new motor?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:36 AM
A Delinquent by Birth

SLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sockSLOWHOUND doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
But he is not under warranty. Though he did bring it in for a noise, when it was. I would try bitching see what happens. Sucks he is out $1k on such a young motor. Though $1k is better then alternative. But you are just getting another Harley motor, just like the one that failed.

Is there any warranty on the new motor?
I will adress the new motor warrentee when I pick it up.

Old 06-24-2009, 10:26 AM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Thorns has a point . They shit in your taco, and your happy cause they added salt.

That is funny.