Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Accessories
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Accessories Horns, Pegs, Guards, MP3, Sat. Radio, GPS, etc.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2016, 09:25 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Radio

Well my third radio went south.

One of the things I looked at was the voltage spiking and causing the speaker drop out. I also considered an errant RF signal from the computer but I don't have a way of testing that.

I finally called and talked to one of the techs at Iron Cross Radio and it seems like it is a bike problem rather than a radio problem. One of the things he brought up was the size of the four head bolts just under the radio. He says it is a well known problem on the '07 and up bikes. Harley has a kit to replace those bolts with shorter head bolts, but the damage is done. They transmit more vibration to the radio and cause one of the boards to crack.

The fix is to send in the radio for repair. They can pretty well tell what is causing the damage from indications on the case and internally.

They will also stay on the phone with you the whole time you install the radio to check other possible issues. Great folks.

I just don't want to spend another three or four hundred dollars on a radio right now. I need to double check my headset because it would work on the last radio. It is just the speakers that drop out. If the headset works, I'll just stick with that for the time being.

But how will the Cloud Riders know when it is time to leave?

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan