Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Arsenal
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Arsenal Where firearms enthusiasts gather to discuss their passion for things that go bang. Political debate is one floor down and not welcome here.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:42 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
V wants to buy a gun

She has experience with shotguns and went to an all day class on hunter training and education. It was suggested to us that on a long trip like ES, it would be a good idea to pack one. Need something lightweight and with a clip, that will stop a would be attacker dead in his or her tracks. any suggestions?, she's not afraid to use it!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:48 AM
8-Ball

Wish you hadn't used "clip"....
Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
"magazine"

Guns are still allowed in Kalifornia?

Take her to the Gun Store and let her look around.

Kimber is making lightweight carry guns in designer colors, designed to match ladies purses....
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
8-Ball

SW Airweight J-Frame with the semi-concealed hammer.

Pros: very light, very small, no worries about firing, fits tight to body.

Cons: 5 rounds, long stiff pull

SA XD .40 subcompact

Pros: light pull, no flip, very accurate, light pull, easy to field strip with no tools, 9 rounds, trigger safety, grip safety, cocked indicator, round loaded indicator

Cons: bulky, heavier than J-Frame

I handled HighMiles' Bersa 380 last weekend.... liked it... light, single stack (thinner than XD)... Jim swears by its reliability... and $259.00...!!!

KelTec just seems too toylike to me... and there is the reliability thing... not sold on it.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
First, take her to the biggest gunshop you can find. Find what fits her hand best. Take no money, credit/debit cards, checkbooks or negotiable securities with you.
We'll wait here.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:55 AM
8-Ball

Armed Babes Hauling Concrete... could be a new theme...
Old 03-08-2008, 11:56 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Smith & Wesson makes the "LadySmith" line also...

Mega's advice is the best given....

Here's the Kimber's

Attached Images
File Type: jpg kimber.JPG (35.1 KB, 58 views)
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Sorry for saying C..P I meant magazine. This is all new to me. I mean the last time I shot anything was an M-16 and m-14. Oh yea and a shotgun and an M-72 law rocket launcher!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.

Last edited by dynageno; 03-08-2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
GrayRider

Semi-autos are tough on a gal's nails.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:10 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Somebody give us a call and talk V.

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

Thanx for calling us Mega. You are very informative!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:38 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
But of course.
To serve is to live.

P.S. That friend of hers knows her stuff, BTW...

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball View Post
Wish you hadn't used "clip"....
Maybe you should get out the pictures again.....

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Are these on right?

Lady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suckLady Godiva can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Smith & Wesson makes the "LadySmith" line also...

Mega's advice is the best given....

Here's the Kimber's

Holy crap! You weren't kidding when you said Kimber was making guns to match purses!

I still prefer my rosewood grips...

I agree w/Mega - let her find something that fits her hand well. Then you may want to take her out to a range and rent a couple different caliber guns to see what she's comfortable with.

If V wants to talk to me, I'd be happy to give her a call, seeing as I'm a girl and she's a girl and I've picked a lot of brains and been doing a lot of research on different guns recently. Just PM me her # if you'd like.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who's unarmed..."

GBNF FIRE46, RED RIDER, MONGOOSE

Old 03-08-2008, 01:13 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

V say's thank you all for the info and she's got enough to go on for now. She say's she will get back to you all later and let you know what she decides on!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Original Cat Herder KC.