Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 05-18-2011, 08:46 AM
DD
Lowest of the Low - XLIII

Location: Northern Ohio... the grid paper of motorcycle riding
yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
The dishwasher has gone on strike.

Well our dishwasher has been running like crap for a few weeks now and just getting worse. On a scale of clean dishes it's coming in at the same level as my 4 year old son when he washes them.

I thought maybe the jets were clogged so I ran CLR through it and it's still not cleaning the dishes. Also tried a different detergent and nothing.

At this point BT has had enough and wants to get a new one. So I'm buying through a friend that works for whirlpool to save some cash and they offer these 5 brands.

Amana
Jenn-Air
Kitchen Aid
Maytag
Whirlpool

Out of the dishwasher they offer I was looking at getting this one right now.
KitchenAid® Superba® Series EQ Dishwasher, Model: KUDE60SXSS.

Just curious if anyone has one of these or any other suggestions.
Much Appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-05-18 at 9.35.55 AM.png (42.6 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg KUDE60SXSS_AB-Default_290X290_HO.jpg (21.0 KB, 69 views)

Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 AM
snow pirate

Last Cigar Smoked: No thanks.
stoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowstoney has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I bought this model..... don't know how clean the dishes get, but I don't really care......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg french-maid-dishwasher_edited.jpg (61.9 KB, 70 views)

ALL WHO WANDER ARE NOT LOST.

GFFG
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
In the interest of marital harmony, I have no comment.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
While my (ex) wife was practically Mrs. Kenmore, when I remodled the old farmhouse I put in a Kitchen Aid and the last time I heard it was still running. That ws many years ago. I have always felt they were worth the extra money and I'm a believer.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 05-18-2011, 08:54 AM
DD

yolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suckyolkum can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney61 View Post
I bought this model..... don't know how clean the dishes get, but I don't really care......
Well I definitely would need a high pressure rinse after soak'n my utensil in that dishwasher...

Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
I can get you into the GE Appliances "friends and family" site if you'd like to do some comparison shopping. Just PM your email to me (I may also need your full name, don't remember) and I'll sign you in. You'll then get an email directing you to the site.

Curt

Old 05-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
buy it
Old 05-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
From reading the title I thought his wife left him.

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:23 AM
DD

she just might if I don't replace this dishwasher soon

Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Doof Babe

Margaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withMargaritaville is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
That is grounds for divorce.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Dana - on the rocks, no salt

Giving money and power to government
is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke

]

Old 05-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
The MUST Have feature that i simply would not buy without:

1.) a spray bar attached to the underside of the upper rack

1a.) fed its water supply from the back of the machine.

Would not even consider w/o that.

I think the KA you picked has this.

I don't have much brand loyalty anymore as all those you mentioned are owned by Whirlpool these days.
The definitely do build them differently, though with the KA seemingly the Cadillac of the Whirlpool group.
I would also look into the GE Profile series and the Frigidaire line.
I have a Frigidaire that is ten years old and due for replacement but its got the right features and cleans the best of any I've had.
No help with your connection, I know, but take a look.

Other secondary features to look for:

auto resume (restarts after open/closing door)

Nylon coated racks rather than vinyl.

A canted top rack. Thin on one side for cups etc and allows extra tall stuff in the bottom rack on that side.

If you get to chose between one with a few buttons vs. one with an LCD panel and menus, PICK THE BUTTONS!

There are some that have an upper bar and have a telescoping tube from the center of the bottom bar that extends through the center of the lower rack(!)
Just shriek and run away...

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 05-18-2011, 09:31 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
We had an older Kitchen Aid and it was bullet proof and quiet as can be. So we bought a new one in '07 when we redid the kitchen. Since then I've put two motors in it, replaced numerous other parts that have failed, and it's very noisy. They're made by Maytag now and they are awful.

Go with Bosch, I've heard much better reports on them.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Are any of the dishes getting clean? In the latest incident the flapper valve was bad and the top was not getting clean. I replaced it and we've gone back to mediocre performance.

Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
There are really only three companies out there making MOST of the major appliances,
plus there are the imports Haier, Bosch, LG.

The big ones are GE/hotpoint and Frigidaire...virtually everything else is Whirlpool (yes, Virginia, even Maytag)

Speaking of LG;

Anyone want to guess what LG stands for?

I bet you'd guess its "Life's Good", their recent slogan.

Uhm, no. LG is a South Korean company and really really large. A major heavy industry outfit competing with the likes of Hyundai and Daihatsu.

No, you may recall the import brand known for being the low-ball choice at WalMart.

LG =

Lucky Goldstar

I think they've been trying to move more up-market, and they may be a good brand now, dunno.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 05-18-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:41 AM
DD

It seems like the bottom are getting clean but the top isn't. I'll check that out and see if that fixes it. I'd be just as happy not to have to buy a new one.

Tags
dishwasher, dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass, dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass dumbass