Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Ask The Techs...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Ask The Techs... This is the way it works. Post up your question in the appropriate Forum, then put a link to it here. We'll ask some very savvy folks to monitor the posts here and answer your question. If you are a Tech answering a question, please do it in the linked thread rather than here. In this way, we can build info in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Puttin this here because don't see anyone in tech (starter question)

70 degrees....sunny.....go out to start bike.....push starter button get click then whirring like starter drive isn't engaging...any ideas???

Already did the hammer thing..no luck
Old 04-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Unknown Rider

Last Cigar Smoked: Camacho Connecticut
fr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milk
Sounds like the pinion gear isn't engaging, the soleniod on your starter may be shot.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
Sounds like the pinion gear isn't engaging, the soleniod on your starter may be shot.

Yeah...that's what I was afraid of....can't find a dealer open today
Old 04-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Unknown Rider

Last Cigar Smoked: Camacho Connecticut
fr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milkfr8dog stays crunchy even in milk
Check to make sure the electrical connection to the starter soleniod is good. It is separate from the hot lead to the starter motor (at least on my bike).

Old 04-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Don't see anyone in tech???? WTF You mean like guys hanging on the street corner?

When people feel there special, you get a break down in society.

Th hammer thing? Tap on the starter?

There is also the clutch. Mine failed couple years ago. But I don't think it whirred.

If it does nothing or just clicks. I would follow voltage through.

Also putting this on off topic was dumb ass thing to do. You post a thread in a tech section people see it.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Smoker of Tires

Startin to see how you got your name

Would one of the powers that be PLEEEZE move this to the appropriate area before Serker has an aneurism ???

Thank You

Last edited by Crabby Appleton; 04-20-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:53 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Sounds like the bendix is stuck.

Did you try the hammer while it is spinning?

Most of us surf via "New Posts", and thusly, don't really matter which forum you post in, the title will get seen.

It will get lost here, as it ages, and isn't as easy to find in the future.....
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Smoker of Tires

Took the primary off and the starter drive gear is engaging the clutch ring it doesn't want to spin it...whirring inside the starter
Old 04-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Kenney

You could try Teds in Alton.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Smoker of Tires

Starter Clutch
Old 04-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Lefse King

Chameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withChameleon is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Guess I should have read the thread b4 replying.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:51 PM
GrayRider

You sure your battery's charged?
Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilks View Post
Startin to see how you got your name

Would one of the powers that be PLEEEZE move this to the appropriate area before Serker has an aneurism ???

Thank You
Thuis what happens when people think there special.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Smoker of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
Thuis what happens when people think there special.

I see what ya mean
Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Smoker of Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayRider View Post
You sure your battery's charged?

Took it off the Battery Tender before I tried to start it