Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Doof Clenas > Clubhouse
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Clubhouse Doof it up here!!!

Old 04-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Jams

Question Fe Butte -- What's shaking?

<-shaking_source->

Quote:
Reno urged to prepare for worse as earthquakes continues

Apr 26, 6:18 PM (ET)

By MARTIN GRIFFITH

RENO, Nev. (AP) - Scientists urged residents of northern Nevada's largest city to prepare for a bigger event as the area continued rumbling Saturday after the largest earthquake in a two-month-long series of temblors.

More than 100 aftershocks were recorded on the western edge of the city after a magnitude 4.7 quake hit Friday night, the strongest quake around Reno since one measuring 5.1 in 1953, said researchers at the seismological laboratory at the University of Nevada, Reno.

The latest quake swept store shelves clean, cracked walls in homes and dislodged rocks on hillsides, but there were no reports of injuries or widespread major damage.

Seismologists said the recent activity is unusual because the quakes started out small and continue to build in strength. The normal pattern is for a main quake followed by smaller aftershocks.

"A magnitude 6 quake wouldn't be a scientific surprise," John Anderson, director of the seismological lab, said Saturday. "We certainly hope residents are taking the threat seriously after last night."

But Anderson stressed there was no way to predict what would happen, and said the sequence of quakes also could end without a major one.

<snip>
Stay safe out there in the eastern Sierras.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:40 AM
KTWillys

Heck Jams....... thats nothing out there, it happens all the time and every time it does someone in the media tries to make something big out of it..

I spend 45years out there and the big one never hit... ...although got rattled a few time.......

Lots of hot springs out that way....but sure is fun ..... had a lot of earthquake parties...

Yep you all out that way stay safe...be sure to take the knob creek under the table with you..
Old 04-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Jams

That's why I told him to stay safe.

What happens when you are under the table with a bottle of Knob creek?

You get up to go drain the lizard and forget you are under the table and you can hit your head getting up.

Years ago I was coming north out of Mohave,Ca and near Lone Pine about 2:Am I hit a bump in the road that wasn't there. The bump was hard enough that I thought I ran over a 12' curb. Next morning heard there was a pretty good quake that hit the area at that exact time and sort of figured out the bump I hit was rolling seismic wave.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:05 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
The biggest one was in 89. 7.0. It did a lot of damage and lots of people died.
Thats around the time I first met V. Coinkydink, I think not!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Jams

Oh boy, a love story,, please continue
Old 04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Are there nekkid people?
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 04-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
Are there nekkid people?
Not sure, but I bet there is some old' school Shovelhead riding though.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:41 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Ask mega, he met her!

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Don't feel a thing down here. I'm 115 miles South of Reno HD.

But thanks for thinking of me...

Our ISP was pretty much down over the weekend and still kinda spotty.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...