Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Random Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Random Crap I'm just sayin'.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
For those of us who travel......

A good read....

Anonymous author:

This past week I was on a four and a half hour, non-stop flight from Seattle, Washington, to Atlanta, Georgia .

In all my years of traveling, I have learned that each time a plane has the opportunity to stop, there is potential for unexpected challenges. Flight delays, weather and airline crews can create unanticipated challenges on any trip. Therefore, I always try to fly non-stop between my destinations.

About an hour into this particular flight, the Captain's voice rang over the intercom. He asked if there was a physician or nurse on the plane. If so, he asked them to identify themselves by ringing the flight attendant call button beside their seat.

I listened carefully but heard no one ring their bell. I immediately began to wonder what was happening.

In a few minutes the Captain informed us that there was a medical emergency on board and asked again if there was a physician or a nurse who could help.

When there was no response, we were told that we were going to make an emergency stop in Denver , Colorado . He apologized but told us that there would be a medical emergency team waiting to meet us at the gate and that we would probably only be delayed by about thirty minutes. Though it was necessary, we knew we would all be inconvenienced by the extra stop.

About half an hour later, we landed at Denver International Airport and the medical crew immediately came on board. However, everything took longer than had previously been expected. An elderly gentleman, about 85 years old, had suddenly taken ill. It was not clear whether he had experienced a stroke or heart attack.

Even after the gentleman was carried off of the plane, we still sat there for quite a while. The original "short" stop turned into about an hour and a half.

When we finally pushed back from the gate and were in the air, the pilot apologized profusely for the unavoidable delay. He said that since the stop had taken longer than expected, those passengers who needed to make connections in Atlanta would miss their flights but would automatically be booked on the next flight out.

You could almost hear the moans and groans throughout the airplane of everyone who was being inconvenienced by the unexpected stop.

Then the pilot did one of the classiest things I have personally ever seen or heard anyone do.

He spoke into the intercom and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I thought you might be interested in one bit of information. The elderly gentleman who was taken off the plane was a Marine in WWII.

I am holding in my hand a copy of the Congressional Medal of Honor that was awarded to him and signed by President Harry Truman in 1945." The pilot went on to say, "I realize that we have all been inconvenienced today.
However, in light of the fact that this gentleman was a war hero and was inconvenienced for four years of his life in order that we might experience the freedoms that we enjoy today, I thought you all should know that."

Immediately the airplane was filled with applause. Everyone was cheering and so pleased to know that the gentleman had been cared for in a way that was fitting and appropriate. As we continued to fly, I thought to myself, "Isn't that interesting? We were concerned that we were inconvenienced for a couple of hours and yet, this gentleman's life was interrupted and inconvenienced for over four years while he went and fought in a war to protect the freedoms and values that we love and hold dear in this country today."

I breathed a prayer for the gentleman and asked God to bless him for all he had done to help us understand what freedom is all about.

"History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Helping with the B.S.

Ol Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowOl Mike has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Great story, thanks.

Master of Contemplation
Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Just plain Doof

rk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suckrk custom can happily embrace the suck
very nice post Rick
thanks

Psalm 23:4 and the Second Amendment are enough for me.

If you have issue with anything in this post. You can address this by opening a dos prompt and typing
cd C:/
and then type
format C:

What you looking for?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
zoof 43-7

BigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suckBigBurger can happily embrace the suck
Don't snope this story.

Order of the Garlic Clove

Jim "A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPNF7sIgFUc
Old 08-30-2007, 11:51 AM
2005 HD FLHTi

Kfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withKfengler is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Thumbs up

Very nice...

~"IF YOU CAN'T IMPROVE ON SILENCE, KEEP QUIET" ...couch Lou~

"Getting There Beats Being There"
FLHTi
* 95" by Carl from Boise Cycle
CHECK OUT MY WEBSHOT ALBUMS...

Old 08-30-2007, 11:54 AM
BigAlsRK

Great story....thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:28 PM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk

Old 08-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Yes, they are Real.......

harleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sockharleyjsb doesn't need a tube sock
Great post,Rick...........

Keeper Of The Toast
2006 Post Whore Of The Year

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS........
Old 08-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Is it rainin' in here?
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 08-30-2007, 06:01 PM
8-Ball

Best post I've read in a long time... thanks, Rick...
Old 08-30-2007, 06:08 PM
ocifer slacky pants
Double-D

Location: Half way down the trail to hell, in a shady meadow of green
Last Cigar Smoked: Nub Dub
squish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowsquish has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
definatly a very good post

CAUTION! You have entered a Harley based forum. Apply a liberal amount of BS repellent to skin before reading anything by anybody.

Old 08-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Obsidian
Stone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withStone Cold is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBurger View Post
Don't snope this story.
I don't care if it's true or not, it's still a good read and makes ya think....

"Keeping a candle lit"

"RIP Butkus"
2002-2006

Danger: Propane
Keep Back 200 Feet
Old 08-30-2007, 07:33 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Well, here's a real story about a humble man and how easy it is to not recognize what is right in front of you.

In 1979, my grandfather died. He was 86. When my dad and uncle went to the Legion post to see about a color guard for the funeral, they were met by a guy who did not seem to want to be bothered.

They told him grandpa was a lifetime member of the Legion and was a member of the post there in Keokuk. He pulled out the rolls and could not find grandpa's name. He started giving them static about not being able to go to every funeral that comes down the pike.

They pushed the issue and eventually a document came out that had grandpa's name on it. It was the original founding charter for the post that was signed shortly after his return from Europe after WWI.

At the funeral, a French diplomat showed up. He presented my grandmother with a Croix de Guerre. No one had expected it, least of all her, because grandpa never spoke of anything other than being a cook and a dentist. The citation is long since gone, but I believe it had something to do with actions in the Argonne Forrest.

Skippy from the Legion post was suitably humbled.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto
Old 08-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Permanently Pissy

billymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withbillymac is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Great posts, and not to play one-upsman...here is my story...

I work for an aircraft manufacturer and sometimes our job includes going to trade shows, standing around talking about the aircraft, answering questions, etc, etc, etc....

This can get pretty tedious. You don't mind talking to the "real" customers, but there are so many "tire kickers" that just want to come to the show, look around and yammer to us all about their views on aviation, their service history, their grandkids, etc, etc.... Not bad people, just not buyers. You're tired of standing on your feet for days on end and it just gets old trying to carry on a conversation with these folks. Many are retirees just looking for something to do.

I was working the afternoon on day 3 of a long 3 day Air Force Association trade event here in DC. I'm beat. Thank God it was close to quitting time. All of a sudden this little, hunched over old man and his wife come shuffling up to our display. "Oh great", I thought to myself, here we go again.

Well, when the little old guy finally shuffled over to me, he straightened up to shake my hand, and when he did....there is was.....a Medal of Honor hanging around his neck.

It was an honor and a privilege to speak with him and I will never forget that moment and how I was a little ashamed to have felt the way I did as he was approaching me....

2010 Ultra Classic, Sunglow Red
Curb Feelers and Pine Scent Air Freshener
Yammy TTR-230 Just for fun...

Old 08-30-2007, 09:51 PM
The Molenator

CDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glassesCDouthitt looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Thanks...this has been a good read, as I sit in my hotel room on my business trip in Chicago this week.

Clint
Bikeless

I'm a Doof, and Damn Proud of it!