Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Woody218

My new transmission came today!!

Pretty damned impressive!! After I discovered my old case was cracked, I bought it on eBay on Saturday, and it came today! From Florida, no less! I consider that to be great service!!

It also came with a new 32 tooth drive pully already mounted and torqued, new pully retaining nut, and nut retainer. This alone is worth almost 100 bucks.

I am very impressed, considering what I paid for it! ($565.00 delivered to my door)
Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Big Double-D

bigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suckbigjailerman can happily embrace the suck
Damn Woody, great price and deal!!

I love me some ebay too!!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Obsolete Doof Prospect

ridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withridingjerry is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
All right boss, time to get R done.

Introducing the Al Gore engine

Obsolete Doof
1998 Obsolete Springer Rider
Part time Shovel Rider
Some time XLCH Kicker

Old 05-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Woody218

I'm a'waitin' for the bearing race for the inner primary to show up...Then I can git 'er done!

Last edited by Woody218; 05-20-2008 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 AM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
I'm a'waitin' for the bearing race for the inner primary to show up...The I can git 'er done!

waiting.. wow would have thought that it would be a stocked item..

I better order mine today...
Old 05-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody218 View Post
I'm a'waitin' for the bearing race for the inner primary to show up...Then I can git 'er done!
kewl beans ..........

maybe we'll get in some miles after my build

States I've ridden my scoots in:

Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Woody218

Well, after bowing toward Mecca, dancing on my good leg, spitting with the wind, and generally doing all I could to get good karma, my Springer is back together! Took it for a 30 mile run to see how the new tranny works. Man, it works good! The old tranny was real "notchy" when it shifted, this one shifts like butter. 6th gear is useless below 70 mph, as it's a true overdrive, but at 75 mph, the old Evo is just purring in 6th. The bike is also way smoother than it was. Before, at 75 mph, the vibes would put your hands to sleep, and there was a buzz in the pegs. Now, it's almost as smooth as my Ultra.

Gotta put in a plug for a couple techs at the local H-D dealer. They pressed my old inner clutch hub out of the clutch basket and pressed in the new bearing and clutch hub. For free! I took them a case of cold Budweiser for payback. They thought it was a fair trade...even gave me a cold one!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Awesome!

Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Do you know why the original case cracked?

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Woody218

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan View Post
Do you know why the original case cracked?
Not sure, Dan. Could be a bad casting? Guys I talked to that have been working on bikes for a long time say it happens, no real reason.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Raw deal fer sure.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 05-28-2008, 09:22 PM
Zintaround

pa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suckpa-glazier can happily embrace the suck
Woody. I might have missed it. What year tranny did you get?

Old 05-28-2008, 09:24 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Dayum, I couldn't imagine doing that work on a bike with my bad knee, unless I had a professional lift table to put the work up at least 3 ft. Glad you could git'er done!

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!
Old 05-28-2008, 10:29 PM
KTWillys

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
Dayum, I couldn't imagine doing that work on a bike with my bad knee, unless I had a professional lift table to put the work up at least 3 ft. Glad you could git'er done!
The lift does make a difference....

someday I want one.... about 600 dollars.. still on the wish list
Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul View Post
I have a bursa the size of a golf ball stickin' off my right knee. I see such a lift in my future.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto