Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Haven't tried it yet, but if the log function saves timestamp info for each cell and I can save it in a .csv, then I can create the breakout function in Excel.
I'll just hafta see what info is saved in the log.
No time for such stuff just now, I'm having a bit o' homemade peach ice cream.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 07-28-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
By next weekend I should have in place the new Ventilator filter I just picked up crazy-cheap on eBay and the new muffler assembled as well. Then I'll get to autotune for keeps.
So far It seems more responsive and a bit smoother. I ran a tank through today while trying to fill cells. One big difference is that none of the cells are showing red or yellow, so it not as easy to spot what needs work. I'll assume that's good news, though.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
The saga ends here?

What's been going on with your PV bike tuning, Ricky?

Ken
Old 10-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Unfortunately, the bike hasn't left the Cubby since the peach pie run. It was a day or two later that I decided to replace the rotten board on the back of my house. That was the beginning of the hidden-damage 72' siding replacement/ while-yer-in-there-might-as-well insulating/wiring upgrade/ sill timbers and pier replacement snowball-from-hell project. During this time the bike has only sat, waiting. I DID get the muffler replacement done, rear tire replaced and the ventilator installed, but no time to ride. Some medical interruptions and now I'm down with the "crud". I really hoped to get the new wall painted and trimmed this weekend.
As soon as I reach a stopping point on the house, auto tuning, here we come!
I crank it every few days. I found that it has a headpipe leak when cold, now.
That's been added to the list

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-04-2013 at 06:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:28 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Whenever I can take a break on the project, I dick with the bike a bit more. The other day I got a good deal on one of these auto tune widgets.

Of course, I had to pull the pipes yet again to do a little metal-daubing.
Bungs.

Something about the word evokes the third grader in me....

So I put in some bungs. Man there just is not a lot of room under there.

Added little wires and boxes.

While I'm in there I'm adding an accessory relay and fuse holder

Of course, I haven't had a chance to ride, but hey, I made some progress on the house, so there's that.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-16-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
I don't think my fuse box area is that clean but a couple times a year.

Kimber

Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
I don't think my fuse box area is that clean but a couple times a year.
No kidding! I can't even see the color of my 40 amp fuse.

Greg
Old 10-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

This is what they look like if you don't ride 'em.

I'm GOING to ride it. I swear!

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-14-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:30 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

related: I don't get why there is no 'protection' of the side panel areas. I mean, there isn't even a real inner fender or a sheet of plastic or...ANYthing behind this little mounting board. Right behind it is the belt and the tire and the panel has gaps all around. Seems odd.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
related: I don't get why there is no 'protection' of the side panel areas. I mean, there isn't even a real inner fender or a sheet of plastic or...ANYthing behind this little mounting board. Right behind it is the belt and the tire and the panel has gaps all around. Seems odd.
What do you care?

It is destined to become a garage queen anyway.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 10-14-2013, 11:16 AM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
I see some sheet metal and snips in your future.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
What do you care?

It is destined to become a garage queen anyway.
Eeeyowccch! That burns like fire!

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

I got a great deal on the auto tuner kit (used) but it's been frustrating because I couldn't seem to get the seller to understand that something was missing. Not a biggie and I've already ordered the missing cable. It's aggravating to realize that my communication skills are apparently lacking.
Still a good deal though.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-14-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
I got a great deal on the auto tuner kit (used) but it's been frustrating because I couldn't seem to get the seller to understand that something was missing.
Did you already get the unlock code from Dynojet to marry it to your ECM?

Kimber

Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Did you already get the unlock code from Dynojet to marry it to your ECM?
The autotune module doesn't marry, just the Powervision.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)