Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Handlebars, Grips, Cables...
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 04-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Baalz

Ok my throttle is throttling my nerves.. help

I installed new chrome idle and throttle cables. Pretty sure that part is ok.
But when I try to screw my chrome covers back over my iso throttle grip thats where im having problem. As soon as I try to close the last 1/8 " gap on the back of the chrome cover my throttle starts to stick.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:10 PM
8-Ball

can you clamp it down as tight as you can without breaking something, work the throttle a bit, and then take the cover back off... should be able to see marks inside the cover where it was rubbing... might give you an indication...
Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Baalz

Its just so annoying cause the only thing different are the cables. It all fit before.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:18 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Do you have plenty of slack in them? If the idle is too tight, it'll make the throttle stick.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Baalz

Woot! figured it out.. That little screw thingy underneath.. Whats it called a throttle tensioner? Well guess what it does.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Gives Baalz a tension headache?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:43 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
Woot! figured it out.. That little screw thingy underneath.. Whats it called a throttle tensioner? Well guess what it does.
Well--What a DOOF!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 05:27 AM
natural-born world-shaker

Location: Mobile literally and figuratively, Alabama; working in Shanghai and Germany
Last Cigar Smoked: tobacco
thedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withthedog is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
And people wonder why I love this place.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Woody218

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedog View Post
And people wonder why I love this place.
Exactly...!!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
pops

pretty smart guy, still think he is a closet ZINTA
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM
GazintA Prime

bobsled77 has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baalz View Post
hey Baalz! When you go to start your bike and it dosn't start........ remember to turn the gas on.

Cause i'm canadian EH!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
EFI bike = no petcock. Just saaaaaaaaayin'.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 04-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Baalz

Heh next step in my fiasco is my chrome clutch cable install.

Should of seen me doing throttle and idle cables. My son thought I was gonna cry when I cut the gas line.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Excommunicated

LittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suckLittleBear can happily embrace the suck
Tech Tips when you go to do you clutch cable.
When you pull your exhaust, tape the flange on the front pipe up out of the way or you will end up with a scratch like 8-Ball's.
Put a little anti seize on the cable where it screws into the transmission, this will help seal it and lube the o-ring so it does not bind and leak.
Lube the new cable good prior to the install, that will last a long time before requiring a relube.