Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
Other than figuring out what the CR is, what else were you looking for with all of this?
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Me View Post
Other than figuring out what the CR is, what else were you looking for with all of this?
You would want to know the target CR going in. If the CR is on the higher side, taming pinging with a proper quench/squish ( piston top to head at TDC, optimum .030-.35) area becomes more significant.

What is your stroke, bore and cu in?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
103"

4.375" stroke

3.875" bore

Like I said, I didn't have a target in mind, going by the seat of my pants on this. Taking advice more than anything, and yours is much appreciated.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:24 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
You should check with Smart Dave on what CR target for the cams you bought. Did you make up some spacers and torque the cylinders in place before you measured the deck height?

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Double-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
You should check with Smart Dave on what CR target for the cams you bought. Did you make up some spacers and torque the cylinders in place before you measured the deck height?
Indeed I did. Just eye balled the deck height though, my yard stick wouldn't measure that small.

I followed the Big Boyz instructions to the letter.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
103"

4.375" stroke

3.875" bore

Like I said, I didn't have a target in mind, going by the seat of my pants on this. Taking advice more than anything, and yours is much appreciated.
At 85 cc you're around 10.05-1 and at 89cc you're around 9.68-1 with a .046 head gasket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post

Word.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Double-D

From T-Man

Quote:
Works well at 10.0 to 10.6 compression.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
From T-Man

Works well from 10.0 to 10.6 compression
Maybe so, but the static and CCP could be all over the place.

Kimber

Old 03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
gAZINTAs

Hodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sockHodawwg doesn't need a tube sock
Tick tick tick