Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > Remodeling or Building
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Remodeling or Building Got a project going or finished... Got a question...

Old 04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
RedBeard

I've used self-checkout lanes at Lowe's maybe 6 times, but no more. Each time something was wrong, either with the bar code or the weight, requiring a human being to walk over and fix it. What have we gained?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
I've used self-checkout lanes at Lowe's maybe 6 times, but no more. Each time something was wrong, either with the bar code or the weight, requiring a human being to walk over and fix it. What have we gained?
Well at least you did get some attention from a human being.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 04-11-2008, 03:07 PM
RedBeard

I was just thinking........ instead of having customers scan the bar codes, put the item in the bag, listen to the little voice with the error messages, then wait while a human comes over to key in everything and straighten out the mess, how about having the clerk just scan the stuff for us to begin with? We could call this great new idea a "full service checkout." I'll bet it would catch on.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:20 PM
DynaDav

First of all, it's not "self service". There's a smart mouthed biatch that lives in that grey box that yells at me every step of the way. "item removed from bagging area", "item removed from scanning area" "return item to scanning area", "wait for associate".

I hate that biatch.