Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Engine & Transmission
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
dj tell me about this harness that keeps the spots on while using your high beam.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSkip View Post
dj tell me about this harness that keeps the spots on while using your high beam.
This is the one I used.http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Update. Installed the 10" Clearveiw Recurve windsheild. Ordered the H-D Premium oil cooler kit. Oil temps too warm still.

That should put me right at 4K in upgrades for the year. Cripes.

Old 09-22-2012, 06:45 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Wanna buy a 43 Derby Cover?
That'll put you right at 41, 'kay?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaGlide View Post
Wanna buy a 43 Derby Cover?
That'll put you right at 41, 'kay?
I can't. I just bought a bridge in Arizona.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Update

I installed H-D's Premium Oil Cooler kit. Temps now run approx 30 deg F cooler. Much needed on this build. Installation was straight forward other than the gasket that fits between the block and adapter. It just doesn't look right and it can be placed in two different positions. I also did not install the bezel that surrounds it. Seems to me it blocks too much surface area. I would recommend this kit.

For the folks who look thru their windshield, i would recommend Clearveiw's 14" with the Recurve. LIKE!

I finally had a chance to get out on a 840 mile weekend just pounding out miles on the big road. This build just flat out runs. It powers 6th gear like no 96 could. Response from 60 to 90 plus mph is damn impressive. 80-85 mph returns 35 mpg. 70-75 showed 40 mpg. I can't wait for next year now!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Congrats D.J.!!! Nice to hear.... Now go ride the crap out of it!

Dirk
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAK47 View Post
Congrats D.J.!!! Nice to hear.... Now go ride the crap out of it!

Dirk
Roger That!

Old 09-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
Nice build my friend.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:25 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know

Old 10-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Northeastern Doofdom

silent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the sucksilent1 can happily embrace the suck
This has been a most interesting read. Congrats on getting it all done. Those cylinders look great; I could see that finish looking real good on my bike. Hmm....

Old 10-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Are you installing the automatic compression releases like the new 103's have?
I read thru this thread again after Cam said it was a intresting thread.

This post made me chuckle. Had I only realized...

Tags
103, motor