Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > Specific Crap
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Specific Crap No, really, I'm sayin'.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
A day of highs and lows

As I noted in my "Happy Birthday" thread, it was a day of highs and lows. I had the opportunity to 'break bread' and celebrate my birthday with a few friends. I also attended the wake for Pepi's wife, Yolanda. The flood of confusion and mixed emotions was ongoing throughout the day.

While I was accepting well wishes and congratulations on adding another year to the ongoing count, I was also mourning the loss of a friend's wife, who was herself, a dear friend. A friend who, while I was going through my battle with the scourge that is cancer, was always there to encourage me.

Some of you know that Yolanda had herself survived a bout with cancer several years ago and since that time had made it a mission to work against the disease as well as support those she knew were battling it. I was blessed to be a beneficiary of her uplifting and energized support. Every few weeks I would get a call from Pepi inquiring how I was. I could hear Yolanda's voice in the background firing questions and comments and soon realized what prompted the call. Eventually I would hear Pepi say "Here, you talk to him." and Yolanda would be on the phone, issuing a rapid fire progression of questions and encouragement. My recollections of those calls were among the days highs.

Up-beat, hysterically funny, caring, supportive; those of you who knew Yolanda know what a force of nature she was. She will be missed.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me